AnaVation is currently seeking talented and motivated Technical Writer to support our mission critical customer in Washington, DC. Personnel will directly support the agency’s efforts to protect information, defend information systems and cyber networks, provide integrated situational awareness, transform and enable information assurance capabilities, and create an information assurance empowered workforce. Required skill sets and abilities include:
• Performing analytical and critical thinking;
• Applying extensive experience as a generalist or specialist;
• Performing work without appreciable direction and/or oversight;
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously;
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills;
• Solving complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity;
• Comparing and contrasting information from different sources;
• Preparing, producing, and disseminating both scheduled and unscheduled products, such as briefings, studies, estimates, and assessment memoranda;
• Promoting and coordinating, where applicable, the sharing of information; and
• Assisting with long-range planning in support of existing and projected organizational mission requirements.
The Technical Writer shall assist the government in establishing a cybersecurity risk management strategy and designing and implementing processes to effectuate this strategy. This will include assisting the government in formulating a cybersecurity policy strategy to update the current cybersecurity policy documents and / or create new cybersecurity policies within the context of this strategy. The Technical Writer shall research federal cybersecurity requirements and guidelines to understand and evaluate their implications for the customer to make cybersecurity policy recommendations. The Technical Writer shall assist the customer in ensuring cybersecurity policy is aligned with customer’s IT strategy. The Technical Writer shall provide expertise to inform cybersecurity policy matters and decisions. The Technical Writer shall assist in the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), based on policy, to be leveraged across the organization. Such policies and SOPs shall be crafted in accordance with industry best practices and comply with customers corporate level policy requirements. Policy and SOPs shall reflect an understanding of security architecture, governance, outreach and assessment, and cybersecurity incident response requirements of this contract, and be developed in coordination with those teams. The Technical Writer shall support digital marketing promotion and communication efforts, maintain presence and team web sites, conduct interviews with various technical staff to gather data for documentation, attend documentation reviews, and provide feedback on draft documents.
AnaVation is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.