AnaVation is currently seeking talented and motivated Data Analyst to support our mission critical customer in Washington, DC. Personnel will directly support the agency’s efforts to protect information, defend information systems and cyber networks, provide integrated situational awareness, transform and enable information assurance capabilities, and create an information assurance empowered workforce. Required skill sets and abilities include:
• Performing analytical and critical thinking;
• Applying extensive experience as a generalist or specialist;
• Performing work without appreciable direction and/or oversight;
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously;
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills;
• Solving complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity;
• Comparing and contrasting information from different sources;
• Preparing, producing, and disseminating both scheduled and unscheduled products, such as briefings, studies, estimates, and assessment memoranda;
• Promoting and coordinating, where applicable, the sharing of information; and
• Assisting with long-range planning in support of existing and projected organizational mission requirements.
The Data Analyst shall develop two types of cybersecurity health reports/scorecards. The Data Analyst shall first work with government employees to define the requirements. Based on the outcome, the first type or scorecard shall be developed to depict the health of an individual system or application. The second type of scorecard shall depict the overall health of the agency’s cybersecurity posture. This shall include a roll-up of the system-level scorecards, plus additional factors as defined. The Data Analyst must provide technically qualified personnel to extract data from various databases and systems in order to generate an automated scorecard system, or recommend Commercial off the Shelf Tools (COTS) tools for the government to procure. Should COTS be leveraged, the Data Analyst shall be responsible for implementation of the tools. The Data Analyst must create scorecards that are visually appealing, functional, and based on industry best practices. The Data Analyst must also develop a process and standard for source documents should the summary scorecard require more in depth evaluation.
AnaVation is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.