AnaVation is looking for a talented Web Developer who is passionate about technology and working with cutting edge software and hardware to support our mission critical customer in Washington, DC. The ideal candidate appreciates partnering with our customer and a group of engineers to create innovative engineering solutions.
The Web Developer will be responsible for full stack development to include Back-End Development, Data Architecture, mid-tier service and control layers, and Web UI/UX. Additional responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Shepherd projects from conception to deployment and beyond.
• Developing Enterprise class Websites and Information Systems.
• Work within constraints of existing networks, systems, and policy by building creative solutions.
• Work with Data Scientists and Data Engineers to integrate new features into existing software.
• Ability and willingness to learn and field test technologies for use on the project (Leaflet.js, d3.js, elasticsearch/kibana, etc.).
• Experience with Web Development: ASP.NET/C# (.Net Framework 4.5, MVC, Web API, etc.).
• Experience with databases (MS SQL, T-SQL, ADO.net, Entity Framework, REST APIs, XML/JSON, etc.)
• Experience with software integration: build, installation, and deployment.
• Experience with both green field development and maintaining/upgrading legacy systems.
• Experience developing software using Agile/Scrum practices.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong team player and work ethic – work closely with all team members to do whatever needs to get done to deliver results.
• Experience building Web Infrastructure and performing DevOps in support of development.
• Experience with distributed source control systems and issue tracking (e.g. git/GitHub, TFS).
• Experience developing with Python
• Experience with natural language processing (NLP)/text analytics
• Experience translating business requirements into technical requirements.
AnaVation is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.