AnaVation is looking for a talented Database Developer who is passionate about technology and working with cutting edge software and hardware to support our mission critical customer in Chantilly, VA. The ideal candidate appreciates partnering with our customer and a group of engineers to create innovative engineering solutions.
Our team of engineers is working with geospatial technologies to create innovative solutions that meet our customer’s ever growing requirements. We have the ability to research, define and recommend technologies to our customer. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Oracle, the ability to create complex stored procedures, the ability to tune and optimize performance, and ability to perform ETL work. The candidate will not only work closely with developers to provide a means to query and update vital information for our application’s end users, but will also maintain the reference data within those databases. Our engineers are continually learning and setting the standards for our customers. If you are looking to be challenged and grow as a Database Developer then this is the environment for you!
• Top Secret Clearance
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
• Experience with large, production Oracle databases, preferably using 11g and above
• 3+ years of experience writing complex stored procedures in PL/SQL
• 3+ years of experience with data modeling in relational database management systems
• 1+ years of experience with analysis and performance optimization of data structures, SQL and stored procedures
• 1+ years of experience with Linux (CentOS, RedHat) and Windows
• 1+ years of experience with Sun Solaris
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience working with ETL in a big data environment
• Experience utilizing Oracle Spatial
• Experience utilizing Oracle technologies such as Oracle Text or Oracle Label Security
• Experience with database tuning, migration and administration
• 1+ years working with Java programming language
• Experience in software development, to include each phase of the software development life cycle
• Experience working on an Agile project
AnaVation is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.