AnaVation is looking for a talented Senior Hadoop Dev/Ops Engineer who is passionate about technology and working with cutting edge software and hardware to support our mission critical customer in Chantilly, VA. The ideal candidate appreciates partnering with our customer and a group of engineers to create innovative engineering solutions.
The Senior Hadoop Dev/Ops Engineer will:
Performs installation, configuration, testing and deployment, and integration capabilities for several Hadoop clusters of varying sizes as part of a Big Data team.
* Coordinate work activities with other infrastructure teams as necessary and support the operations and maintenance efforts to preserve the production environment's operational status.
* Participate in the integration requirements, including provisioning, de-provisioning and life-cycle of the program.
* Recommend and participate in development, testing, implementation, and support of all enhancements to the systems and services and technologies used by the Program.
* Maintain and assess operational requirements and service issues for improvement opportunities.
* Preserve and upgrade the infrastructure.
* Work with Development teams to engineer infrastructure solutions to support development activities.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related area of study.
* Experience tuning a Hadoop Cluster
* Experience installing and configuring Accumulo, Kafka, Zookeeper, and HDFS configurations
* Experience optimizing Accumulo, Kafka, Zookeeper, and HDFS configurations
* Experience troubleshooting Accumulo, Kafka, Zookeeper, and HDFS configurations
* 1+ years of experience working with Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
* 3+ years of experience performing administration activities for Linux
* 5+ years of experience in Systems Engineering, DevOps, or another Technical Infrastructure role
* Qualified candidates must possess an Active Top Secret clearance.
* Experience configuring and installing CDH
* Experience configuring and installing and administering the ELK stack
* Experience creating Jenkins jobs
* Experience configuring and installing Nifi
* Experience with the Atlassian Suite to include: JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, and Bitbucket
* 1+ year of experience with Docker
* 1+ year of experience in Cloud
* 1+ years of experience performing administration support in Networking
* Holds a Hadoop Administration Certification such as: HDP Certified Administrator or, Hadoop Admin CCAH
* Master's Degree in Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related area of study.
* Experience working in an Agile environment
* CI Polygraph
AnaVation is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.